Friday, June 15, 2007

Copy Windows Explorer File Listing to Clipboard

Q: I need a way to copy windows file listing to the clipboard, and then paste them into emails, programs, MS Word, etc.

I had tried This but when I put it in my context menu, it completely messed up Windows Explorer! double-clicking resulted in opening a new session of windows explorer, rather than opening the file or folder.

Try to use Command Prompt. Use command dir /ogn /b then click the Command Prompt small icon at the top left of its windows, Edit > Mark, then highlight the list of the file/folder then Edit > Copy.

I use this:
dir a:/s /b > c:\directory.doc to copy the file direcory and subfolders to a file directory doc.
You can use a .txt file also in stead of the .doc file to copy to (less size).

No comments: