Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dual Boot Vista and XP

My home computer has Windows XP installed. I had another partition set aside for Vista, I installed Vista and now on boot I get an option to select which windows I want, it loads up smooth.

On my laptop, I only had 1 partition, so I reformatted and made a couple more partitions. I installed Vista first, and have been using it for a week or so, I just installed XP on partition2 and now the laptop only boots into XP. Once I'm in I can still see the partition with Vista and all my files, etc. But on boot, I get no option to choose which OS I want to load into. It goes straight into XP no question asked.

Q: How can I put in the boot option to make it boot to Vista when I want?

Try VistaBootPro.

Vista uses a new boot loader, if you install XP over it you will trash it. You can use EasyBCD to undo the any damage done to the Vista boot loader. Alternatively you could also use VistaBootPro.

EasyBCD is really good.

1 comment:

daspeac said...

I have heard about another way of fixing corupted .pdf files. Besides, you can visit my blogs at: http://daspeac.livejournal.com/ or http://daspeac.blogspot.com/ where I’m trying to share my experience with regard to data corruption issues